Saturday, December 11, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Youth Pastors is the champion of the Tournament of Like! Youth Pastors eked out a victory over Casual Church Attire, a worthy adversary. To celebrate, we have created a Facebook group in its honor. You can join by clicking here. Here's the original Youth Pastors post if you want to see what all the fuss is about. Thanks to everyone who voted.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Here's how the Elite 8 unfolded:
- (1) Coffee-Themed Ministry ended the Cinderella run for (6) Morphing Traditional Christian Vernacular with a final vote of 29-18. It was a great run for the 6 seed, but Coffee-Themed Ministry proved just too strong.
- (7) Youth Pastors continued the dream tournament with yet another convincing upset over (5) Getting Married Right Out of College. Final vote: 29-17.
- In the closest contest of this round, (2) Christian E-mail Signatures defeated (5) One-Hour Church Services by two votes: 24-22.
- (1) Casual Worship Attire took care of business over (2) Sunday Afternoon Naps with a 25-15 vote victory.
This sets up the two Final Four match-ups:
- (1) Coffee-Themed Ministry vs. (7) Youth Pastors
- (2)Christian E-mail Signatures vs. (1) Casual Worship Attire
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Here are the results from the sweet 16 round of the tournament of like:
1 Coffee-Themed Ministry 35
4 Faith-Themed Tattoos 22
6 Morphing Traditional Christian Vernacular 29
2 Visitors 25
1 White Jesus 26
5 Getting Married Right Out of College 29
6 Calling Themselves Followers of Jesus 15
7 Youth Pastors 40
1 Breaking Down Scripture into the Original Hebrew of Greek 19
5 One-Hour Church Services 26
3 Being Passionate, Yet Vague About Politics 27
2 Christian E-mail Signatures 28
1 Casual Church Attire 33
5 Potlucks 20
3 Sunday Dinner 18
2 Sunday Afternoon Naps 34
Thursday, July 23, 2009
The tie was officially broken during a lunch break with a very ceremonious casting of lots. And by "casting," we mean "flipping"... and by "lots" we mean "coin."
To tell you the truth, we didn't really have any lots. Even if we did, we would really know how to cast them. The whole coin thing was really just much easier.
We know what you're thinking, and no, it was not done with some Two-Face type of coin where you "make your own luck." First of all, white Christians don't believe in luck (it's called providence). Secondly, that coin says "E Gothamus Unum," which translates into something along the lines of "Out of Gotham, One." This phrase is downright stupid.
Finally, nowhere on that coin does the phrase "In God We Trust" appear. A true white Christian would never allow such a coin to determine the fate of anything.
So the Billy Graham Semi-Final round one is now set: It's the 1 seed Breaking Down Scripture into the Original Hebrew of Greek vs. the 5 seed One Hour Church Services.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Congrats to the first round of winners in the 2009 Tournament of Like:
(1) Coffee Themed Ministry defeated (8) Pretending There’s a Santa Claus 55-28
(4) Faith-Themed Tattoos defeated (5) Gossip 42-36
(6) Morphing Traditional Christian Vernacular defeated (3) Babies 55-22
(2) Visitors defeated (7) Candlelight Ceremonies 47-30
(1) White Jesus defeated (8) Christian Radio Stations 42-37
(5) Getting Married Right Out of College defeated (4) Greeters 45-29
(6) Calling Themselves Followers of Jesus defeated (3) Diversity 46-30
(7) Youth Pastors defeated (2) The Message 60-16
Quite a few upsets already... keep up the work, dear reader!
The next round of voting starts right now and lasts through Sunday: the first rounds of the Billy Graham Region and the Rob Bell Region
Saturday, July 11, 2009
The official 2009 Tournament of Like bracket has gone live. Feel free to download it (click here), review all 32 likes, fill out the bracket, and vote your way to victory (Polls on the right hand side of the website).
You'll notice that the tournament has been broken up into four regions based on the Mount Rushmore of contemporary white Christian pastors: Graham, Olsteen, Warren, and Bell.
Voting for the first round of match-ups ends on Wednesday.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
The Tournament of Like is proudly sponsored by Abraham's other site, Wozofoto.com - buy fine art prints for only $10.